Vermouth Rosso Bottega
The Italian winery and distillery will be presenting its latest products at Vinexpo 2017: Two vermouths created by Sandro Bottega and Lamberto Vallarino Gancia, heir of the Italian family leader in sparkling wine and vermouth: Vermouth Bianco Bottega and Vermouth Rosso Bottega.
- Range: Bianco, Rosso
- Producer: Casa e Bottega
- UK Distributor: N/A
- Retail Price: N/A
- Origin: Rome, Itlay
- ABV: 16%
- Distinct Botanicals: Unknown at present
- Wine Base: Merlot
- Sugar Content: Unknown at present
- Nose: A very balanced nose of Herbs and floral notes, with orange and bay at the forfront
- Palette: Much more bitter than expected, but with some fruitiness of raspberries and orange zest
- Finish: Orange zest turns into burnt orange and the bitterness keeps going
- Overall: Another great vermouth from Bottega, a great balence of fruit and wine with a pleasant but dominating bitterness.
Bottega’s vermouths are stand out, while average vermouth is produced by starting with a base of neutral grape wine, Bottega Vermouths use wines obtained from grapes that are typical of the region where Bottega is based: Veneto, in the north-east of Italy, renowned for producing Pinot Grigio (used for Vermouth Bianco Bottega) and Merlot (used for Vermouth Rosso Bottega). The secret and original recipes mix over 30 botanicals which lend multifaceted sensorial nuances and an unmistakable personality to these vermouths.