The wine-making origins of the Padró family date back to the year 1886 and to the village of Bràfim (Tarragona), which was, at the time a busy agricultural hub with around 400 inhabitants.
The Padró family are one of the big local vermouth producers but are less known abroad than some of the others. Building the company producing premium quality bulk wine they know put there name to there very own premium vermouth brand Padró & Co!
- Range: Rojo Clásico, Dorado Amargo Suave, Blanco Reserva, Reserva Especial Rojo Amargo
- Producer: Padró i Familia
- UK Distributor: Morgenrot
- Retail Price: N/a
- Origin: Bráfim (Tarragona, Spain)
- ABV: 18%
- Distinct Botanicals: Undisclosed
- Wine Base: Macabeu + Xarello (mainly)
- Sugar Content: Between 125g/l and 176g/l
- Nose: Cinnamon and cloves, tones of candied fruit.
- Palette: Sweet and sightly bitter with a bounty of Mediterranean herbs
- Finish: Herbaceous with some lemon zest
- Overall: Another knock out! I can see why this company has won so many medals, a great product made extremely well!