Oscar 697 Rosso
- Range: Rosso, Dry, Bianco
- Producer: La Canellese
- UK Distributor: Indie Brands
- Retail Price: £21.69
- Origin: Milan, Italy
- ABV: 16%
- Distinct Botanicals: Absinthe, Rhubarb and Licorice
- Wine Base: Unknown at present
- Sugar Content: 14%
- Nose: Rhubarb, Orange, Nutmeg, liquorice
- Palette: Super well balanced! A lovely mix of wormwood, rhubarb, liquorice and orange zest notes!
- Finish: Finishes pretty quickly but leaves liquorice and bay
Overall: This vermouth is in a class of it’s own! My bottle is over 2 years old (I look after them very well) and yet it’s still better than some vermouth I have freshly open! Well done Oscar.697 Bravo ! This bottle is worth buy, I’d happily pay a lot more for this than the RPP!
OSCAR 697 Rosso is a unique brand focused on modernising a traditional Italian product. Four professionals, from four diverse fields came together and realised an idea. Under the direction of Stefano Di Dio, Oscar Quagliarini fine tuned the exclusive recipe N°697 used by Oreste Sconfienza to produce the Vermouth 697, which David Caon enveloped in the OSCAR.697 branding. The unique and exclusive recipe n°697 respects the Vermouth production guidelines set by the Italian authorities.
Oscar 697 Rosso is a contemporary brand of vermouth, which looks to modernise the traditional Italian drink while still respecting its history and legacy. The Oscar.697 Rosso Vermouth features a dry flavour profile (thanks to the relatively lower sugar content 14%), with hints of absinthe, rhubarb and liquorice giving it plenty of character. Sleekly and stylishly presented, Oscar.697 lets the vermouth talk for itself.