- Range: Rosso, Dry, Bianco
- Producer: La Canellese
- UK Distributor: Indie Brands
- Retail Price: £21.69
- Origin: Milan, Italy
- ABV: 16%
- Distinct Botanicals: Bergamot, Yarrow Muscat and Elderflower
- Wine Base: Muscat
- Sugar Content: 14%
- Nose: Violet, Lemon, Honey, Quinine, Gentian
- Palette: Bitter hit of wormwood and gentian, followed but lost of lemon and a slight syrupy sweetness, then dries back out with gentian and floral notes
- Finish: Dry, with lemon, violet and lavender
Overall: I really enjoyed this, it’s much more bitter than what I expected, but still has that lovely sweetness you’d expect of a Bianco. I can’t wait to try the Dry next to this !
OSCAR 697 is a unique brand focused on modernising a traditional Italian product. Four professionals, from four diverse fields came together and realised an idea. Under the direction of Stefano Di Dio, Oscar Quagliarini fine tuned the exclusive recipe N°697 used by Oreste Sconfienza to produce the Vermouth 697, which David Caon enveloped in the OSCAR.697 branding. The unique and exclusive recipe n°697 respects the Vermouth production guidelines set by the Italian authorities.
Bianco is a contemporary brand of vermouth, which looks to modernise the traditional Italian drink while still respecting its history and legacy. The Oscar.697 Rosso Vermouth features a dry flavour profile giving it plenty of character. Sleekly and stylishly presented, Oscar.697 lets the vermouth talk for itself.