Antonio Nadal S.A was founded in 1898 by Antonio Nadal Muntaner, a manufacturer of Majorcan Spirits including Muntaner Blanc. Around 1920, exports to South America began, and lasted until the beginning of the Spanish civil war. After the end of this period, production resumed, as did local distribution and exports to South America.
Antonio Nadal S.A is a dynamic and constantly evolving enterprise, based on strong family values and goodwill. It´s performance has been stable and constant thanks to the determination of the owners, and now holds a vast and established client base.
- Range: Blanc, Negre
- Producer: Antonio Nadal S.A
- UK Distributor: N/A
- Retail Price: N/A
- Origin: Mallorca, Spain
- ABV: 18%
- Distinct Botanicals: Sweet Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Cloves, Ginger, Green Cardamom, Elderflower, Star Anise, Chamomile, Rose Petals and Juniper Berries
- Wine Base: Prensal grape, a white variety indigenous to Mallorca
- Sugar Content: 0g added per litre
- Nose: Slight lemon, quite subtle
- Palette: A sweeter palette than expected with no added sugar, a very nice mouth feel and well rounded flavour. Main flavours of lemon and bay.
- Finish: Becomes bitter quickly but this added to the profile
- Overall: Not a complex vermouth, a truth Spanish style though, no added sugar, just sweetness from the must, the complexity id added to by a dry bitter finish thanks to the Artemisia .
Antonio Nadal plans two major developments:
– The development of new competitively priced, high quality product ranges.
– The expansion of their Mixology training department in their new purpose built facilities.
Both these actions aim to give an added value to the art of cocktail making.