- Range: Bianco, Extra Dry, Rosso, Martini Gran Lusso, Rubino, Ambrato
- Producer: Martini & Rossi
- UK Distributor: Bacardi Brown Forman
- Retail Price: £28.45
- Origin: Turin – Italy
- ABV: 16%
- Distinct Botanicals: Cinchona Bark and Chinese Rhubarb.
- Wine Base: Barbera (Piedmont), Trebbiano (Emilia-Romagna), Oak-aged Moscato, Catarratto (Sicily)
- Sugar Content: Unknown at Present
- Nose: Rhubarb, Clove, Rosemary and a slight woodiness
- Palette: Quite bitter and very complex, very herbaceous with some spice
- Finish: Again super complex, very hard to pinpoint, leaves that lovely signature wormwood aftermath
Overall: An outstanding vermouth, so complex, almost to complex to drink on it’s own but do, please please do! Enjoy the amount of work that has gone into this! I’d recommend with ice at it makes it slightly easier to dissect the flavours. I can’t wait to try with a negroni.
A special single batch vermouth produced to mark the Martini’s 150th anniversary, only 150,000 bottles are available worldwide. Gran Lusso – Italian for ‘grand luxury’ – is made with Barbera red wine and Trebbiano white wine, as well as a barrel-aged Moscato extract and the mysterious ‘extract 94’, which spent 8 Created to celebrating its 150th anniversary. Gran Lusso Vermouth, limited edition bottling (150,000 bottles produced worldwide).
The base of Barbera red wine comes from the Piedmont region of Northern Italy. Barbera wine has great depth, flavour, and spice. Blended with Trebbiano white wine from Emilia-Romagna which helps balance and slightly reduces its intensity.
This wine blend is fortified with two key extract blends, one made with Moscato must from Canelli, aged for a full year in oak barrels, and a recreation of a 1904 recipe (Known as Extract 94) then rested in glass demijohns for eight years.
The packaging is beautifull, Martini has long been known for their sense of style. Martini Gran Lusso is presented with a black and gold embossed label.
Best sipped neat or over ice with a twist of orange. whole years in a demijohn specifically for this release! Try it in your favourite cocktails for a fragrant, almost floral twist alongside a familiar herbal character that’s rarely been smoother.