Lime & Thyme Syrup
While working on the opening of the One & Only luxury resort on The Palm in Dubai in 2010, I was a part of the team creating the drinks menu for all of the bars within the complex. One of the aspects of the drinks menu which made it really stand out was the inclusion of homemade syrups. The huge advantage with these, is that, even in Dubai where a fair proportion of your guests don’t drink alcohol, you can mix outstanding tasting Mocktails (Non-Alcoholic Cocktails) by using these unique ingredients. Of course, they also taste wonderful when added to alcoholic cocktails too!
Lime & Thyme Syrup Ingredients:
- 500ml Still Water
- 500 grams Granulated White Sugar
- 10 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- The zest of 5 Limes
You will need access to a kitchen to make our Lime & Thyme syrup.
- Place all the ingredients into a clean, medium sized pan.
- Bring the temperature up to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, bubbling gently for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain out the lime zest and thyme sprigs.
- Pour into the storage container and chill in the refrigerator. Label with the production date and contents.
Be sure not to strain the liquid until it has cooled, as during this time the flavours will continue to infuse into the liquid.