Lillet Blanc Vermouth
- Range: Lillet Blanc, Rouge, Rosa
- Producer: Maison du Lillet
- UK Distributor: Pernod Ricard
- Retail Price: £16.55
- Origin: Podensac, Bordeaux, France
- ABV: 17%
- Distinct Botanicals: Bitter Oranges from Haiti, Green Orange from Morocco and Quinine from Peru
- Wine Base: Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- Sugar Content: Unknown at present
- Nose: Dry chardonnay wine, orange and lemon zest
- Palette: Slight sweet, doesn’t offer much interns of complexity but isn’t unpleasant
- Finish: Slightly sweet with zero offering
Overall: I was very disappointed with Lillet – Considering it is one of the Kings of fortified wines it doesn’t offer much to me, It is a well made wine and paired with the right gin can work in Martini’s but choose a high quaintly gin. Nice for a home bar.
This is made with white Bordeaux wines and fruit brandy and is aged in oak for between 6 months and a year.