Jessica Jones is a Marvel super hero from Marvel’s Netflix universe (which I predict will end this year…). Jessica Jones formerly worked as a superhero under the alias of Jewel, though after emotional and psychological abuse fro The Purple Man (David Tennant) she reverts to Private Investigation.
As a PI Jessica Jones works to feed her alcohol addiction and keep enough money coming in to keep her apartment which doubles as her New York office.
Jessica Jones can often be seen drinking whiskey for breakfast or slumped across her desk after a late night research sessions, with a bottle by her side.
What does Jessica Jones Drink?
According to Buzzfeed (who include screenshots):
- Teachers Blended Scotch
- Cutty Sark Blended Scotch
- Jim Beam Bourbon
- Hudson Manhattan Rye (Though could be any Hudson Baby bottle)
- Makers Mark bourbon
- Old Grand-dad bourbon
- Wild Turkey 101 (with Rockstar Energy)
- Heaven Hill Bourbon
- Windsor Canadian Whisky
- Four Roses Bourbon
- Red Wine – admittedly from a rocks glass but this is an exception.
- Tincup Bourbon
- Amstel Light
- Winston Canadian Whiskey (on a Windsor Bottle in a nod to Iron Man #138 Demon in a bottle)
- Extra Zitnia Vodka
- Negra Modelo
- Wild Foul Quality Whiskey (fictitious)
So as you can see, Jessica is a big fan of mainly fairly cheap whiskey. That’s no knock on any brand listed, but other than Hudson Baby, she seems to have gone for pretty much value brands, and value they do deliver. No single malts here. So how do we mix the Jessica Jones Hiball?
Jessica Jones Hiball Recipe
- 3oz (90ml) Whiskey (choose your favourite from the list above)
- 3oz Soda Water
Pour 3oz Whiskey into a rocks glass. Pour 3oz Soda over ice in a Hiball. Drink whiskey and ignore soda. Repeat.
Who’s your favourite hard drinking superhero? Check out our other Hero Drinks here.