Ferdinand’s Saar White Vermouth
Ferdinand’s Saar White Vermouth is carefully aged in Mosel Fuder casks, 1000 litre neutral German oak barrels, which ensures the perfect balance between the acidity and fruitiness of the Riesling and the vineyard’s botanicals.
- Range: Dry, Barrel Aged White
- Producer: Ferdinand’s Saar
- UK Distributor:
- Retail Price: £19
- Origin: Saarberg, Germany
- ABV: 18%
- Distinct Botanicals: Lovage and Allium Vineale
- Wine Base: Vintage Grand Cru Riesling
- Sugar Content: Unknown at present
- Nose: Lemony with a strong vino, more typical than it’s dry counterpart
- Palette: Lemon is strong but not very complex, some oaked notes coming in but not as strong as you’d thing
- Finish: Vinous, with developing Oak
- Overall: I liked this, it wasn’t as oaked as I was expecting but that was a good thing, they clearly know how to age wine!