Castro Spirits Vermood
- Range: Vermood, Junique
- Producer: Tentoura Castro – G.P Hahalis
- UK Distributor: Maestria Brands
- Retail Price: £25.50
- Origin: Patras, Greece
- ABV: 17%
- Distinct Botanicals: Greek Honey, Bergamot, Sage & Rosemary
- Wine Base:
- Sugar Content: Unknown at present
- Nose: Lemongrass, bergamot
- Palette: Juniper, honey, lemon
- Finish: Very bitter and short
I really wanted to adore this product, the honey is there but as it’s the main attraction they could utilise it more, it has a place in the market as it’s very interesting I will be playing with it to see how it works in modern cocktails.
In 1939 Panagiotis Hahalis aromatised their vermouth with herbs from Chios island and transferred the distillery and his recipe from Chios to Patras which is famous for its muscat grape varieties. Today, the old recipe is perfected and acquires a modern mood. We use Greek honey and the natural sweetness of Muscat or “Moshato”, in order to get a final product free from added sugar. We aromatise the wine with Artemisia, bergamot and a variety of Greek herbs, so as to get a vermouth of the finest taste and aroma.