- Range: Vermood, Junique
- Producer: Tentoura Castro – G.P Hahalis
- UK Distributor: Maestria Brands
- Retail Price: £24.70
- Origin: Patras, Greece
- ABV: 18%
- Distinct Botanicals: Bergamot, Juniper, Citrus Peel
- Wine Base:
- Sugar Content: Unknown at present
- Nose: Lemongrass, bergamot
- Palette: Juniper, honey, lemon
- Finish: Bitter Sweet and juniper and honey
Overall: This was a surprise! I expected to not like it, juniper to me is boring, there are to many gins on the market for me to say I like juniper any more….This being said, I liked this, I didn’t think it has much to it in terms of complexity but was lovely and sweet much more versatile than expected.
In 1939 Panagiotis Hahalis aromatised their vermouth with herbs from Chios island and transferred the distillery and his recipe from Chios to Patras which is famous for its muscat grape varieties. Today, the old recipe is perfected and acquires a modern mood. We use Greek honey and the natural sweetness of Muscat or “Moshato”, in order to get a final product free from added sugar. We aromatise the wine with Artemisia, bergamot and a variety of Greek herbs, so as to get a vermouth of the finest taste and aroma.