- Range: Byrrh
- Producer: Caves Byrrh
- UK Distributor:
- Retail Price: £22.43
- Origin: Thur, France
- ABV: 18%
- Distinct Botanicals: QuinQuina
- Wine Base: Grenache, Macabeu Red Roussillon, Mascdet Mistelle
- Sugar Content: 0 Additional Sugar
- Nose: Sweet Blackcurrant, think Ribina, Red Fruits and cinnamon
- Palette: Fresh Blackcurrant Rhubarb, Nutmeg & Cinnamon
Finish: Slight Bitterness and creamy fresh red fruits
- Overall: Outstanding product, reminiscent of Ribena. Perfect for balancing in cocktails, as it’s really forgiving. Also pairs fantastically with a creamy cheese!
Pronounced ‘Beer-R’ Byrrh Grand Quinquina is a wine-based aperitif made by Caves Byrrh, an old producer founded in 19th Century France. A high content of quinine, to adds bitterness to the sweet muscat wine which forms the basis of this drink.