As a bartender, especially on busy shifts other than making drinks, you can often find yourself dealing with the issues that come up throughout the night. Whether its a customer complaint, out of stock item, long wait on food or slip or trip to deal with, we (and managers) see it all. But, are you solving the right problems in your bar?
- Find me a Gift launches Letterbox Vodka & Gin
- Aske & Stephenson install a Whisky vending machine at the Napoleon Hotel in Shoreditch
- Kraken Salvage Edition Rum fights plastic waste
This Week at BartenderHQ
This week I’ve been bartending again, with my first double shift at Fridays in 8 years, which hurts. I’ve also been over to Leicester with ODK Mixers which have been really well received over there, as well as mixing up drinks in the Shakespeare Memorial Room at the Library of Birmingham for leading hoteliers from the city.
I’ll also be doing a Questions and Answers session over on the Craft Bartender Community, run by the guys from Mixology Talk and A Bar Above answering all your burning questions on the world of flair bartending on Sunday 28th October at Midnight GMT.
Are you solving the right problems in your bar?
In this episode’s main event we talk about:
- Complaint handling – During a shift as well as after the fact.
- Slips and Trips
- Kitchen delays
- Out of stock items (the 86 list)
- High Turnover of staff